Primo VE Terminology
- Everything: searches all items Vanderbilt members have access to
- Library Catalog : "Library Catalog" is the phrase use to search for items owned by Vanderbilt University.
- Primo: Primo is the "front-end" for Alma.
- Alma: The system created by Ex Libris that will replace Library Catalog.
- Collection: A group of items with a similar theme. They can be in any library or location and of any item type. Primo scopes can be created based on collection.
- Crosswalk (aka: Schema Crosswalk): A crosswalk is a mapping of equivalent fields in two different metadata formats (schemas). An example is MARC to DC.
- Front-end: The interface that is visible and available to students
- Institution: The over-arching organization (Vanderbilt)
- Library : Large organizational unit can have different policies and hours. Primo scopes can be created based on library.
- Location: A physical location of materials – fulfillment policies utilize the location extensively
- Material type/Item type: the type of materials Book, Journal, Video, DVD ,etc.
- New UI: stands for "New User Interface." Alma's new UI includes many major improvements to Alma's look and feel, with a better color palette, new iconography and fonts, simpler menu systems, smoother flow, and other look-and-feel improvements.
- Sandbox: The development/test Alma environment.
Also check out the Ex Libris Alma Glossary