How staff is handling feedback and comments about the ILS
- Staff members have been identified who can triage these questions/comments, sending them quickly to the best respondent. Dale Poulter handles technical catalog questions. Calida Barboza and Erin Loree triage other questions/comments.
- The web feedback form has been modified to help with the process.
- Jodie Gambill added a line on the form to include the school or department of the user to best triage and identify the correct person to respond.
- The following text was added to the web form so that when a user sends the comment they get this message:
“Thank you for your comment or question – your feedback is important to us! Your inquiry has been sent to the subject librarian for your area or department, who will respond within the next business day.”
- Responses go to a Google Sheet that will be easy to share and access remotely. Relevant Ask Us questions or questions sent by email might also be added to it to give us a good idea of training needs.
- As stated above:
- Technical catalog questions go to Dale;
- Calida and Erin will triage the other question/comments, sending simple training issues to the subject librarian for the school or department;
- Other questions will be sent to the library director of the school. Kasia and Celia will work with them to be sure they know how to evaluate and where to send questions. Melissa will speak with the librarians/directors to make them aware of this procedure and of the importance of responding quickly and documenting their responses. She will ask them to add the questions and answers to the Google Sheet.
- Robbi, Melissa, and Honora will use the Google Sheet entries to expand the FAQ and training materials and to focus instructional sessions. We will also use the feedback for refining the UI.
There are multiple ways that users can ask questions: AskUs, direct email, the web form, Inform, telephone, in person. We may not document all of the questions that come from these sources but this should address our main goal of responding to users quickly.