The Massey Law Library collection is available to all law students. There is an option for items to be requested by students and then pulled by the library staff to be placed on a hold shelf. Please follow the instructions below to request materials from the Massey Law Library's collection or from other Vanderbilt libraries.
1. Go to the library catalog.
2. Click the link that says "Sign in" found in the top right corner of this page. You will need to use your VUnetID information for the username and password. This step is very important, and you will not be able to request items without completing this step.
3. Search for the library item you need.
4. Once you have completed a search, click the title of the item. You will be taken to a page that provides more information about the item.
5. Some items are held at multiple libraries, and you will need to make sure to select the correct location that has the specific volume or item you need. You can browse the volumes each library has of this title by clicking the specific library's name. After selecting a library, a listing of items or volumes will be shown. In this example, the volume from 2011/2012 is needed, and the Massey Law Library has this particular volume in its collection. There is "Pick Up Request" link located to the right of the item that is needed. Click this link.
6. You will be taken to another, and you will need to click the link on the right side of the page for law users.
7. You will be taken to a log-in screen to our interlibrary loan system. If you are a first-time user of the interlibrary loan system, you will need to click the link at the bottom of the page to create an account.
8. Once you are logged into your account, click the down arrow next to the new requests option. Select the book option and then enter the identiying information in the form selected. Click the submit request button once finished.
If you need to request additional items, repeat steps 3 through 8. A member of the law library staff will contact you once your item is available for pick-up.
If you are interested in borrowing items for items not located at Vanderbilt, please check out this guide about interlibrary loan.
If you have any issues or questions regarding requesting materials, please contact the law circulation staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.