About the Curriculum Materials Center
The Curriculum Materials Center is a library collection used for Pre-k through 12th grade education, including special education materials. The available resources are hands-on materials, teacher edition textbooks, leveled readers, and much more. These materials are used by educators to develop curricula and lesson plans and may also be used in instructional situations with elementary and secondary students.
Take a tour!
How to find materials
- Hover over the SEARCH box on the library homepage
- Click Catalogs
- Click on the Acorn link along the bottom of the box
- Click on “Advanced Keyword” to right of the Basic Search box
- Build your search with keywords- such as: fluency, decoding, comprehension, etc. You can even do a keyword search with publishers such as Heinemann , Scott Foresman, etc. You can also search by author here as well. If you click the drop down menu where it reads “words anywhere” (the default) you can chose other options such author, etc.
- In addition, you can also limit your search by item type. For example, if you are looking for a manipulative, under the Item Type drop down chose “hands-on”. The same applies for maps, kits, transparencies, puzzles, games, etc.
- Scroll down to the limit options; choose “currctr” for your location and it will search only the Curriculum Materials Center collection. The same method applies to searching the youth collection; just choose “youth” for your location.