The ICC’s home page provides links to several key resources. Of note, under “Shortcuts,” researchers can navigate to:
- Case materials organized by defendant under “Cases,”
- Core ICC documents in the “Core texts/Resource library,” and
- the Legal Tools database.
“Situations and cases” includes matters being investigated or preliminary examinations.
The Legal Tools Database integrates research and reference materials relating to international criminal law from a variety of sources, including ICC documents, documents from the ICJ, U.N. bodies, regional human right courts, and national cases and legislation dealing with international crimes.
- Browse by body, instrument, or publication.
- Search fields include keyword, file title, case number, file number, and date filters.
- An Advanced Search pop-out window allows for Boolean searching and document title (vs. full-text) searches.
- Search results do not include abstracts or images of the document’s full-text—must download document in a separate tab or window to review (typically in PDF format).
Database updated in 2016.