Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM -5:00 PM.
- For the security of our collections, the number of researchers allowed in the reading room will be limited.
- We follow University protocol to enhance the safety of our spaces. Face masks are optional.
- Appointments will be scheduled in two-hour research blocks. You may book up to two sessions per day.
- Please allow 48-72 hours’ notice when making appointments. Many of our materials are shelved offsite and require sufficient time for safe retrieval and access. If you need an exception, contact email@example.com.
- We are unable to offer on-site photocopying services. You may use your cell phone or a digital camera to take photos (without flash) of materials.
How to make an appointment
- Create an account on our registration form.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation about your research needs. Let us know your research topic, what items interest you, and/or if you need help identifying materials. Please tell us if you expect to require multiple visits so we can discuss your options.
- Do not travel to the library until you’ve received an email confirming your appointment and requests.
On the day of your appointment
- Please wash and dry your hands thoroughly before entering the reading room. Hand sanitizer will be available, but hands must be completely dry before touching any materials.
- Visitors will enter through the terrace doors.
- Researchers will need to present a valid photo ID or Vanderbilt ID.
- You may bring the following with you into the reading room:
- Laptop (without bag or sleeve)
- Cell phone (set to vibrate or silent)
- Loose leaf paper