Atla Religion Database
Here's how to find resources on your passage using Atla Religion Database:
- Click on the Scriptures search link in the blue bar at the top of the Atla search interface:
- You’ll get a list of biblical books in canonical order. Browse to the book of the Bible that your passage is in and click on "[Expand]” link.
- You'll then see a list of chapters in the biblical book you've chosen. Click on the "[Expand]" link next to the relevant chapter.
- Now you'll see the verses in that chapter. Click on one of the verses in your passage to run a search of Atla.
- You should get a list of articles and book chapters on that verse and usually the pericope that it’s a part of. Some of the journal articles will be available immediately as PDFs; in other cases, click on the “find it @ VU” button to see whether we have the item from another resource. Book chapters aren't usually available as PDFs in Atla, but you might try the "find it @ VU" button to see if we have electronic access to the book that the chapter is part of.
Questions? Please ask!