Schedule a Consultation
Special Collections is a wonderful source of primary research material for undergraduate and graduate level courses. We will work with you to identify material useful for the course you are teaching.
If you are uncertain what resources might be available or if you want to talk to someone about using material for a class, Special Collections staff are happy to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
Schedule a Class
Instructors can schedule a class session in Special Collections to give their students a chance to explore the resources we have to offer. Reservations are made on a first come-first served basis so we recommend you schedule as soon as possible.
What We Need to Know
- What is your preferred method of contact? Phone, e-mail, or personal appointment?
- How many students are expected for the class? Are they undergraduates, graduates, or a mixture of both?
- What day do you want to hold the session? What time?
- Will you need only one class session? Do you want to schedule a follow-up session later in the term?
- What topics will the class be researching? What assignments will they be completing?
- What do you want the students to learn from the session?
What You Get
- An introduction to Special Collections and its procedures;
- A custom research guide of primary and secondary sources for the class to use throughout the term;
- A hands-on primary resource experience for the class;
- A Special Collections liaison to guide students who need assistance.
You can schedule a consultation or class session with us by calling the department at 615-322-2807 (2-2807 from a campus phone) or by