IOP publishes peer-reviewed science journals.
- Vanderbilt's agreement waives the article processing charges (APCs) for open access.
- There are some titles that charge fees (e.g. page charges) which are not covered by this agreement. Authors who choose to publish in these titles are charged these fees regardless of whether an article is published OA or on a subscription bases. Some journals are society owned titles (IOP is the exclusive partner publisher for these titles), therefore it is not in IOP’s power to waive these additional fees. The following two journals may charge these fees:
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Articles are published under a Creative Commons license.
- Eligible article types are research papers, review articles, special issue papers, and letters.
- Vanderbilt's agreement includes all journals in List A, B, C, and D. To view a list of the included journals, please visit Eligible Journals for Transformative Agreements.
- Please note some journals are excluded from this agreement.