Skip to main content

Theology: Kesler Titles

Kesler History

The KESLER Service was established in 1936 by John Louis Kesler, Professor of Religious Education and Librarian at the School of Religion, Vanderbilt University (1919-1936). Dr. Kesler (1861-1955) led a movement to establish a circulating library for rural ministers in the South and obtained two grants from the Carnegie Foundation for this purpose. In 1945 Dr. Kesler gave an endowment of $50,000 to the School for the circulating library. The sum was matched by Vanderbilt University and the service was named in Kesler's honor.

New Kesler Titles