An award for the best nonfiction book published for young adults (ages 12-18) during a November 1 – October 31 publishing year.
The award will:
- Recognize the best in the field of nonfiction books (at this time, only books will be considered for the award) materials for young adults
- Promote the growing number of nonfiction books published for young adults
- Inspire wider readership in the genre
- Give recognition to the importance of the genre
- Position YALSA as an authority in the field of nonfiction for young adults